The iRobot Roomba 985 vacuum excels in keeping your home clean, particularly if you have pets. Even though you still need to vacuum occasionally (especially if there are stairs), this vacuum significantly reduces the required work.
You can control your Roomba using your Alexa or any Wi-Fi-connected device. This feature is not available on older Roomba models.
Roomba 985 overview
The iRobot Roomba 985 vacuum is designed for large homes with multiple pets or carpeting. This vacuum is 10x more potent than the 600 and 700 Roomba models.
The iAdapt 2.0 navigation is another improvement to this model. The 985 features are not only high-powered but also better navigable.
- Alexa compatible: You can use your Amazon Alexa for your Roomba to start, stop or locate it. You can get updates from your Alexa about how full the bin has been or how much battery life remains.
- Roomba App: The Roomba App can schedule and program your Roomba’s cleaning using your Wi-Fi-enabled smartphone. The app allows you to program and schedule your Roomba, as well as update you on the status of your Roomba.
- 3-Stage cleaning system: Roomba’s 3-stage cleaning system is equipped with a power booster to enhance the suction. This powerful suction can reach deep into carpets.
These features may be powerful and significant, but not all users will appreciate them. To ensure you get the best deal on a large purchase like this, it is essential to do your research. Keep reading to find out if this vacuum is the right fit for you and your family.
Read More: Best iRobot Roomba 665 Vacuum Cleaning
Get Roomba 985
- Have multiple pets? The powerful 3-stage suction system can penetrate carpets to remove all pet hair.
- There are high–traffic areas – The Roomba 985 can detect dirt where it appears most often. The Roomba 985 can see where land is more concentrated and spends more time over multiple cycles.
- A larger house? The Roomba 985 automatically recharges and then restarts its cleaning process as soon as it is fully charged.
Skip Roomba 985
- Have hardwood floors: The Roomba 985 was designed to remove pet hair from carpets. It’s not as efficient on hardwood floors, but this doesn’t make it any less effective.
- If you are not tech-savvy, The Roomba 985 requires a wi-fi connection and the Roomba App to get the best out of it. You can opt for the Roomba 600 collection, which has a simple-to-use control panel built into the robot.
Specifications for vacuums
Reasons to Purchase iRobot Roomba 985
Your house can be cleaned even when you aren’t there – Using the iRobot app, you can find not only the Roomba but also schedule the times it will clean. This allows your vacuum cleaner to clean your home even when you aren’t there.
Do you have lots of furniture in your home? The 985’s low profile can reach under furniture where pet hair or other dirt hides.
The 985 can clean tight corners and tight spaces better than larger vacuums.
The Roomba 985 has a charging dock. The charging dock is small and easily concealed behind furniture or against a wall.
Why You Should Avoid iRobot Roomba 985
Your home has many levels. The iRobot Roomba 985 cannot traverse stairs. The Roomba 985 has built-in cliff detection technology that prevents it from ever reaching stairs.
A Roomba might not work well if your house has many floors.
Your home is not SMART- The iRobot Roomba 985 uses an app or smart device like Amazon’s Alexa to communicate with the outside world and can be controlled remotely.
The Roomba 985 may not be the best vacuum for your home if it isn’t already equipped with this technology.
iRobot Roomba 985 Vacuum Cleaner
The iRobot Roomba 985 Vacuum Cleaner is the definition of intelligent floor cleaning. It has excellent cleaning capabilities for all floors.
It has an auto-adjusting brush head that makes this possible. To maintain contact with the floor, the brush head adjusts automatically to adjust its height.
This ensures that every floor type is taken care of and leaves it sparkling clean.
The iRobot Roomba 985 vacuum cleaner is the ideal choice for pet owners. It comes with a dual-surface multi-surface rubber brush.
The brush is self-cleaning and will not get tangled up with pet hair. This makes it convenient and also durable. It is also easy to clean. The iRobot Roomba 985 Vacuum Cleaner will make it easy to love your pets.
REASONS TO BUY
✓ Suction power is strong
✓ Advanced navigation software
✓ Battery life of 120 minutes
REASONS TO AVOID
✗Technology is dependent
iRobot Roomba 985 is compatible with wi-fi. It also has an app for your smartphone that allows you to schedule automated cleanings remotely.
Both Roombas can be used with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa. This will enable you to control the robot vacuum using your voice.
Both are almost identical in specification, except for the battery life. The Roomba 960 can last up to 75 minutes on a single charge,
While the Roomba 990 has up to 120 minutes. These numbers may vary depending on whether the Roomba 960 is cleaning carpets. However, they are based on our experience.
You deserve to give your floors the best possible clean. It is recommended to have a robot vacuum help you between your regular vacuuming. The Roomba is the best choice for this purpose.
They can clean all types of floors, spot clean, and pet hair. The advanced technology allows them to map your entire home and clean it in more human-like ways.
The 980 has two virtual wall barriers, an extra filter, and a side brush. These inclusions are worth the slightly higher price, so it is my choice for the best option.
Frequently Asked Questions
What warranty is available for the Roomba 985
Roomba robots are covered by a 30-day money-back guarantee and a 1-year warranty for quality and parts. A 12-month warranty is also included with the battery.
What is the cost of the iRobot Roomba 985 at Costco?
Costco has the iRobot Roomba-985 wi-fi robot vacuum on sale for $499.99, $265 less than its 980 counterparts. This vacuum is great for pets, providing 10x more air power and power-lifting suction.
How long does the iRobot Roomba 985 battery stay charged?
iRobot claims that the battery will run for between 2 and 4 hours. We estimate that it will last approximately 400 charges.
This is all great, but it’s possible to replace the battery sooner than you would like depending on how well you take care of it.
Is iRobot Roomba 985 equipped with mapping?
Smartly maps and cleans entire levels of your home. Patented iAdapt(r), technology that uses Islam(r), navigation actively captures thousands upon thousands of measurements every millisecond to maximize coverage. Navigates in neat rows.